razor cami knitalong

Monday, July 17, 2006

sigh...

i'm having some problems. instead of having two nice columns of yarn overs going up the main body of my cami, i'm getting more of a twisty/angled-looking thing. i don't have time to take a picture right now, but i will tonight. i think this is where i'm having problems...

in round 1 of the lace pattern, it tells you to do all of that fun stuff between the parentheses (k1, yo, k4, etc.), but then it says to k1 when you get to the last stitch. however, the (k1, yo, k4, etc.) part uses 12 stitches and each round is a multiple of 12 stitches, so where does that extra stitch for the final k1 come from?

does that make any sense? i'm only about 4" into it, so i'd rather frog a bunch of it now than wait until i have half of it done and have to do the same thing anyway.

eta: i can't post a picture right now because my web host is having issues, but i'm hoping to have something up tomorrow.

3 Comments:

  • At 5:19 PM, Blogger Kati said…

    I've just been ignoring the k1 at the end, since there is no extra stitch. But I make sure to start in on the next row before I set it down so I don't lose that last yarn over. That totally confused me at first too, and I skipped a yarn over there on the first row, and my stitch count was off the next lace row, so I had to fiddle with it. But it's okay now. Good thing too, since I'm more than halfway.

     
  • At 6:59 PM, Blogger vinny said…

    I did the same as kati and ignored the k1 at row end.

    I did have difficulty when it came to splitting front and back, working out the best place to do it. I dont know if these problems are connected.

     
  • At 8:18 PM, Blogger Lynne said…

    hmmm...i went ahead and ignored the final k1, too. and i've been really careful about the final yo, since i messed that up the first time i tried to do the lace pattern. it just looks really off to me. i'm putting it on the side until i can post a picture and get some feedback.

    thanks!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home