I've finally finished my razor!
I cast on 204 stitches, because I am obviously not as tiny as the designer, and it took two and a touch of a third skeins of the snuggly 4ply in color 377.
Splitting for the front and back was the tricky part. I counted until there were exactly half, placed a marker opposing the first marker, and then moved both markers in evenly(about ten stitches on each side) so there were more stitches in the back than in the front. To work the front keeping in pattern, I ended up decreasing once on each edge each pattern row to retain the four edge stitches with the yarnovers. If I make another, I'd probably do double decreases every four rows or so, so the straps could be at the edge of the cami.
But otherwise, I'm really happy with it, and there are some other notes and shots on my blog.