razor cami knitalong

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Finished Cami!

I've finally finished my razor!



I cast on 204 stitches, because I am obviously not as tiny as the designer, and it took two and a touch of a third skeins of the snuggly 4ply in color 377.

Splitting for the front and back was the tricky part. I counted until there were exactly half, placed a marker opposing the first marker, and then moved both markers in evenly(about ten stitches on each side) so there were more stitches in the back than in the front. To work the front keeping in pattern, I ended up decreasing once on each edge each pattern row to retain the four edge stitches with the yarnovers. If I make another, I'd probably do double decreases every four rows or so, so the straps could be at the edge of the cami.

But otherwise, I'm really happy with it, and there are some other notes and shots on my blog. :)

3 Comments:

  • At 10:59 AM, Blogger vinny said…

    Its gorgeous!! I've only just seen this post. It looks bloody gorgeous on you Kati - its good to know the razor suits a bustier figure, because I would quite like to knit myself one but wasnt sure whether it would look right. But it does!

    Great choice of colour by the way, it's really pretty and summery without being so glitzy it goes in the Special Occasions Only drawer.

    Great job! Do you think you'll make any more? As tops go it is a quick and easy knit, what with there being no sleeves etc, I reckon the razor is a good gift knit.

     
  • At 6:35 PM, Blogger katie said…

    love it! great colour and it's very flattering on you.

     
  • At 1:36 PM, Blogger Kati said…

    Vinny- Thank you! I wasn't too worried about it, because I have other camisoles with the square neckline and they look good. Thankfully the razor lace doesn't look too odd over the bust, which was my main worry.

    I am obsessed with aquamarine now. I'm just finishing up the Ballet Camisole from Magknits in a similar color. *l*

    I've been thinking about making some for my nieces ever since I saw your version for your daughter! I may have to ask my sister if they'd like them next time I talk to her on the phone. As for me, I might make another for myself in black if I ever get through my queue of to-knits. :)

    Katie- Thank you so much! And thank you for the great pattern. I had a lot of fun knitting it!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home